No. PIII/Gnl/2014-16 21-07-2014.
The Supdt. Of Posts,
Sub:- Functioning of Offices in the Computerized environment –reg
As we know, the Department is moving fast with the object of IT modernization and envisages the avenues of IT invasion in our routine works. But the ground realities of our Division in providing basic needs are pitiable and we regret to note that the administration has failed in providing such facilities. As a result, staff is facing incalculable miseries and untold sufferings due to the lack of adequate facilities. Everybody will agree that Ottapalam Division is very vast having 55 Sub Offices comprising three Taluks and the needs of the public still remain to be materialized. The following are the main issues to be settled at HO:
1) The Servers have no capacity to cop up with the huge transactions
2) Al l the Computers are of old version without new facilities
3) Sufficient Printers required for Counters and back office
4) Passbook Printers are not working in SB/SC Counters
5) High Speed Printers are not working
6) No proper repair mechanism for under taking urgent repair works
7) Improper networking, especially in SB/SC Counter.
8) Proper space to keep records and vouchers.
The position of Sub Offices is more miserable than that of HO. There is no UPS to support the systems during power failure, no printers or scanners and even stationary also in many Single handed SOs situated in far-flung areas of our division. The staff confronts with a desperate situation while the divisional administration observes a neutral and passive attitude. As a supplementary part of administration and as a responsible trade union having high mandate of the employees, we have taken up all above issues very seriously with the Divisional administration many a time in meetings and bilateral dialogues. But the issues are still remains. The following are the issues to be set right in war foot manner.
1) All systems of are to be upgraded as are having old version and are very slow.
2) Printers are not working properly/ some are beyond repairs: cases of: Cherpalcheri, Chunangad, Kadambur, Kanniampuram (Passbook Printer), Manisseri, Mkd.College, Naduvattom (Passbook Printer), Pattambi, Perimbadari, Peringode (Passbook Printer), Pulasseri, Thiruvazhiyode, Thottakkara, Trithala, Vallapuzha,
3) Scanner problems : Cases of -Agali, Kadambur, Karakurssi, Kudallur (not installed yet), Kulukkallur, Kuttanad, Lakkidi, Panamanna, Peringode, Pulasseri, Shornur, SG Press, SK Puram, Tachampara, Thottakkara.
4) Non functioning of UPS / damage of batteries:
Eg: Ambalapara, Chalavara, Chunangad, Kadambur, Kalladikode, Kalladipetta, Kanhirapuzha, Karalmanna, Karimba, Kudallur, Kumaranallur, Kumbidi, Mkd.College, Naduvattom, Perimbadari, Perur-opm, Pottasseri, SG Press, Thottakkara, Vallapuzha, Vellinali, Vengasseri, and Vilayur.
5) Building problems- lease to be renewed- Case of : Anakkara, Kanniampuram, Palapuram, Thottakkara.
6) Shortage of Staff: In several Offices, the posts of SPMs are vacant. In some offices, PA posts are continuously vacant. In all cases manpower is required. The restriction imposed by the Divisional administration in providing outsiders in vacant posts may be removed.
The staff at HO is very much aggrieved and anxious in the snail’s pace of progress of actions regarding reconstruction of dilapidated Canteen from where they take food and tea during working hours. As the monsoon has set a speedy and effective action to reconstruct the building is absolutely essential. The leakage of the HO building is a long pending issue which also to be attended to with top priority.
Hence, we urge upon the Divisional administration that steps may be taken on a war foot basis to mitigate the issues prevailing in our division to restore normalcy. At the same time we wish to alert the administration that we will not show any reluctance to resort to trade union action if the grievances mentioned ibid are not properly redressed.
A line in reply in the matter is highly appreciated.